Did you know?
The Tshwane University of Technology:
- Has one of the largest numbers of sport codes of any higher education institution in South Africa.
- Has a student population that is truly representative of the country’s demographic composition.
- Is one of the most extensive and modern universities of technology.
- Is one of only two universities of technology in South Africa that are on par with the rest of the world regarding their standards of research, and which may offer master’s degrees and doctorates, according to the NRF.
- Is a technologically advanced higher education institution with features such as:
- virtual classrooms on the web;
- e-testing for an enhanced learning experience;
- video conferencing, to bring experts from across the world into the classroom;
- video and audio facilities, which are used in the learning process; and
- interactive multimedia to play with and simulate the absent reality.
- Has an office for disabled students.
- Has a Wellness Centre, also comprising an Aids Centre, that offers awareness programmes and training, testing and counselling services for HIV/AIDS victims.
- Receives the largest allocation of all higher education institutions from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).